Step by Step Guide for any document lost
Stolen/Lost BRP inside the UK
- Report to the home office by filling in this form online
- Report to the police through the phone or by going to the nearest station to obtain a Police reference if it is lost or a Crime Reference Number if it is stolen.
- Apply for a replacement BRP, which must be within 3 months of the report, here
- Whilst waiting for a replacement, you cannot travel outside of the UK
- The cost of the standard service for replacement is £75.20
- There is the option of the super priority service which costs £875.20
- Total time is 6-8 weeks
- If you are a student of UoM, use the following correspondence address for the replacement card: Sophie Hargreaves, Student Services Centre, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL
Stolen/Lost BRP outside the UK
- Refer to steps 1 and 2 of Stolen/Lost BRP inside the UK
- Apply for a single use BRP and is valid for only 1 month
- Your passport is required for application
- If stolen/lost, you must contact your Embassy in the country it was stolen/lost
- Include: Passport, Police Report, Confirmation of Attendance of your university, copy of current BRP
- Apply for a replacement BRP once you have arrived in the UK (look at step 3 of Stolen/Lost BRP inside the UK)
- Report to the police
- If an endorsement of identity from the High Commission is requested by the police, you must attend the High Commission of Malaysia (45 Belgrave Square, Belgravia, London SW1X 8QT) for one. Bring a copy of your lost passport, your Mykad or Birth Certificate
- Make an application for a new passport at the High Commission in London. Refer to this link to view the required documents to bring for the application.
- Once you have received your passport, apply to the UKVI for a Transfer of Conditions on the online application form
Lost Malaysian documents (MyKad/IC, Driving License)
MyKads and Malaysian Driving Licenses cannot be issued abroad by the High Commission, but they are able to issue a supporting letter to support your claim if you need evidence of your MyKad or Driving License in the UK. Applications for new documents must be made in Malaysia.